In September 2016, our Clinical Researchers were invited by Queen Mary University of London Dental School to present about our ongoing research projects as part of the series “Let’s talk about research”.
“Let’s talk about research” creates an excellent platform for which staff and students of the Institute present about past or new research projects that they are involved in to a mix audience including to local dentists and research departments across the whole of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. It’s a great opportunity to obtain feedback from a wide range of expertise and encourage new collaboration within the institute.
Many of the Saving Faces research projects are sponsored by QMUL. Our Clinical Researchers presented on eight of our projects including:
- HANA – The National Mandatory Head and Neck Cancer Audit
- The Role of Selective Elective Neck Dissection in early OSCC
- Use of telemedicine as a distant diagnostic tool for oral cancer
- Management of pain associated with temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- National 3rd Molar and National Orthognathic Audits
- Management of third molars in the line of isolated mandibular angle fractures
- Can genomics predict dysphagia after head and neck radiotherapy
- Precancerous Conditions of the Mouth: To Treat or not to treat?