Oral Cancer: Is your practice playing its part?
Early diagnosis of mouth cancer increases the chances of survival from 50% to 90%.
Primary care workers are still occasionally missing cancer but are often sending patients to the wrong surgeon in their locality. This wastes valuable time in starting treatment.
SFDADS helps dentists speed up the referral process to the correct surgeon for suspicious lesions. Participating dentists upload patient details and electronic images of suspect lesions onto a secure online system and receive expert diagnostic advice from a consultant oral and maxillofacial surgeon within 3 working days.
Advantages to Patients
- A three-day urgent diagnostic service from a consultant oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
- Rapid reassurance for those with benign disease.
- Immediate referral for those who need it, to the best cancer surgeons in their nearest hospital.
Advantages to Dentists
Immediate transfer of litigation risk to OMF surgeon as soon as referral is sent
A growing number of patients are taking legal action against dentists missing early cancers.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- An Annual free conference for dentists and their practice staff which contributes CPD points.
- Each referral is evaluable for one hour’s CPD.
- A Charter Mark Certificate of membership for your waiting room.
- A poster showing photographs of common lesions for your staff.
- A desktop calendar listing the symptoms of mouth cancer to remind your receptionist to give patients with these symptoms an urgent appointment.
Yearly subscription package to suit all
- Personal subscription - £100
- Practice subscription - £250
- Newly qualified vocational trainee - £50
Subscribing entitles you to
- Unlimited patient referrals to SFDADS for immediate advice and CPD points.
- Your subscription helps fund the National Facial, Oral and Oculoplastic Research Study Centre (NFORC) and is tax deductible.
Interested in taking advantage of our service?
Review our service agreement here (Word Doc 696KB).
Download a standing order form here (Word Doc 702KB).
Feedback from current subscibers:
“Many thanks for the excellent and efficient response”
“The service is very efficient and reassuring”